Wednesday, May 2, 2007

I Will Always Love You...

I haven't watched the Gilmore Girls very much this season...as with most TV shows, I got into it late, and mostly just watch reruns while riding the exercise bike. It didn't help that this semester, I had to teach right when GG was on. And to be honest, I enjoy the show, but I belong to the group that thinks it's gone on long enough and that Luke and Lorelai need to just get together, already.

I'm also not the hugest fan of Lorelai. I think she tends towards self-centeredness, and I'm consistently frustrated by the way she treats her parents. Yes, I know you and your parents want different things. Everyone is different from their parents. That doesn't give you license to treat them so poorly. But I do want to see her happy, and I think that the person that will make her happy is Luke.

Anyways, last night, class got out early, and I was able to make it home in time to watch. And I'm really glad I did.

Why? Because Lorelai sang "I Will Always Love You" to Luke with such emotion that everyone in the karaoke bar noticed what was happening (except Zach) and I ended up in tears. The forum posters at TWOP agree with me--Lauren Graham did a phenomenal job of making Lorelai go from singing a goodbye song to Rory to singing a love song to Luke. And Luke's reaction clinched it--he still loves her too. Also, April bailing on the boat trip sets up the possibility of Lorelai going with Luke for a 6-week trip up the coast. He's already booked the hotels like she recommended, and made reservations at the restaurant she loves. My prediction is a season finale with Luke and Lorelai sailing off together.

AND! Logan is going to propose! I have to say, I'm excited. I know, I know...he's not universally loved as the best guy for Rory, but I think he is. He's a challenge to her, which I think is good in any relationship. I'm a little concerned, though, by the teaser for next week...the look on Rory's face when Logan proposes isn't exactly elated. I really hope she doesn't say no. I do hope that Rory gets a job that she loves out in San Francisco...I would hate to have her move there just to follow Logan, while sitting around being bored/feeling sorry for herself.

Also, what's the deal with Miss Patty? She looks awful. No matter what the lighting, her skin had a gray pallor and her eyes looked hollow. I hope that Liz Torres is ok.

Here's hoping for a season (series?) finale that brings my two favorite GG couples back together.

No comments: