Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Yahoo!

One of the things that my husband and I do to waste time at work is check out the most popular pictures of the day at Yahoo. Further time is often wasted by messaging back and forth, discussing our favorite pictures. "Did you see the one of the giant monkey?" "No! Let me go check....Wow, that is awesome!"

I know, I know. It's not meaningful, soul-searching discussions about existentialism or French film theory, but it's fun. And it sure beats doing actual work.

So I thought I'd share some of this fun with you all. Here are some of the highlights from yesterday's most popular pictures:

This one of Egyptian tortoise hatchlings at the Rome zoo was easily our favorite. Turtles in general are awesome, and tiny turtles are even better.I was mildly interested in the Darth Vader balloon at the hot air balloon festival in Belgium, although my husband was less impressed. Instead, he looked at a picture of a gross fish with some nasty virus from New York (the fish, not the virus), which I won't show because it's gross (duh). Click here if you like that sort of thing.
The picture of the dog nursing the tiger cubs was one of our favorites several days ago...apparently several people thought it was cool too, since it still ranks in the most emailed photos.

And finally, we also really enjoyed the picture of the boars scavenging for food in a parking lot in a suburb in Poland. I think we most enjoyed the tiny boars that you can see in the picture.

If you're interested in joining in the fun, head to Yahoo! and click on the "popular" link under the list of major news stories. Let me know what your favorites are!

No comments: