Monday, September 10, 2007

Tote bags and more

So recently, I've gotten on this kick where I'm trying to use cloth tote bags to take home groceries instead of using new paper or plastic bags every time I go to the store. I'm kind of picky, though. I don't just want any tote bag--I want cool tote bags. So that one that you got from the security data management seminar at work is completely out. Don't try to give it to me. I'll give it back.

Here is my collection of bags thus far:

I have two bags that I got from my sister-in-law in Germany. Germans are big on using cloth bags for groceries, often making you pay for paper or plastic if you don't bring your own bag. The two I got are identical, and both have a frog kissing a turtle, surrounded by a rainbow, with the words "Schuetzen unsere Umwelt"--which means, "Protect our environment." It's cute, it's classic, and it has words in a foreign language on it. Definitely cool.

My favorite one, though, is a cream-colored bag that just says [Onyxia Hide Backpack] on both sides in green letters. It's simple, it's understated, and very few people will know what it's talking about. Very nerdy. Very cool.

And so that's it, for now. It's enough to get me about $50 worth of groceries, give or take. I'm keeping my eye out for a few more, though. The one that I currently want is this one:
Yes, that's right. "Republicans for Voldemort." It makes me giggle every time I see it (no offense, Jack :) ). And what makes me laugh even harder is that you can get it as a onesie for babies as well.
Let's just say that I'm really tempted.

2 comments:

Jo Anne said...

LOL I have also seen the same on a bumper sticker.

jack Roach said...

LOL, Nice Jen.
I think we need one that says Democrats for Gilderoy Lockhart.